Our Group has a long history of manufacturing and engineering development. Since our humble beginnings we have developed our skills and capabilities through continuous investment in our manufacturing facilities and extensive inhouse training of our highly specialised team of staff. This enables us to offer a complete turnkey service to our customers starting from initial…
Our Product Line
Charge Air Coolers
Bowman Charge Air Heat Exchangers are ideal for cooling marine engines as well as various land based engines such as gen-sets, co-generation equipment and fire pumps.
They are also suitable for facilitating engine test and development programs. Additional Charge Air Coolers designed for specific engines are also available; please see or contact the sales department detail below for further information.
- Standard range for engines up to 650kW.
- Improve fuel efficiency and enhance engine performance by cooling turbo charged air.
- Readily available from stock through our global network of stockists.
- Available in materials suitable for cooling with fresh or salt water.
Header Tank Heat Exchangers
Bowman Header Tank Heat Exchangers were designed originally for marine engines, but they are also widely used for various land based duties, such as engine testing and development work, generator sets, fire pumps and combined heat and power systems (CHP).
The Bowman Header Tank Heat Exchanger incorporates a quiet zone header tank with a special de-aeration feature and a pressurised filler cap. The removable tube stack is held in position by â€˜Oâ€™ rings and is free to expand and contract within the cast housing, thus minimizing thermal stresses. It can be easily removed should cleaning be necessary.
Bowman Header Tank Heat Exchangers are high-quality products incorporating both the best materials and the latest technical features.
Bowman Marine Heat Exchangers
There are three methods employed for water-cooled marine petrol and diesel engines they are Direct cooling, Heat exchanger cooling and Keel cooling.
- Direct cooling of the cylinders and heads by sea water is unsatisfactory, because the engine â€“ which was probably originally designed for radiator cooling â€“ will run too cold and the sea water will eventually ruin the cylinder block and heads.
- Heat exchanger cooling is the most common method, the sea water being isolated in components which can be designed to withstand its corrosive affect. The closed fresh-water circuit can be thermostatically controlled so that the engine operates at its designed temperature.
- Keel cooling is suitable for small boats operating in shallow weedy water, but the need for pipework external to the hull is a severe limitation.
Bowman header tank heat exchangers prevent aeration of the engine water circuit.
Bowman gearbox oil and engine oil coolers are used on the suction side of the sea water pump.
Bowman heat exchangers and exhaust manifolds are used on the discharge side of the engine.
All Bowman Heat Exchangers use high-quality products incorporating both the best materials and the latest technical features that have become world known for building a quality and reliable product.
Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger
Bowman Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers: are intended for heating or cooling process fluids, they are for example suitable for closed circuit cooling of electrical equipment using demineralised water and for cooling water soluble oil solutions in quenching tanks.
The shell side usually contains the process fluid and the tube side water from the town mains or a cooling tower, or an ethylene glycol solution from a chiller unit. In certain circumstances this flow arrangement can be reversed, but please consult us first.